Experimentation of Taste

A food blog that catalogs discovery of foods available through CSA Farms Shares and other arenas and the recipes to enhance the flavors.

9.03.2006

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours #4 - What can you not live without?


The item I can’t live without are my microplane graters. When my husband and I got married, I was so excited to register for these. I had other graters but those pale in comparison to how easy these are to use. Since then I have gotten rid of almost all of the inferior ones except for one to grate small amounts of mozzarella and cheddar. I have been known to take them camping and to my mother-in-laws just so that I don’t have to zest an orange with a zester (I have never gotten one to work for me) or to get the cloves of garlic just so on a trip.

This is an event hosted by Sweetnicks. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Tina T-P said...

So, I don't remember where I started (maybe Farmgirl Fare) but I've been blog hopping this afternoon and stopped to read yours. Very nice blog- didn't know that about zuccini - we have some in the fridge - I'll stir fry it for our vegi tonite

I've wished I had a microplane grater occasionally, but after three years of selling Pampered Chef, I have so many other little tools, that I haven't gotten a microplane - maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas -
Cheers, T.

9/10/2006 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the graters! Check out our post on you:

http://blog.thisnext.com/blog/things-we-cant-live-without.html

9/11/2006 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work Microplane's sister company, and I actually helped do a lot of design work a various parts of these graters. Glad to hear you enjoy them so much!

10/28/2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home